Saturday, 29 April 2017
Heir of Fire review
Plot/ Storyline- this book picks up right after crown of midnight where Celaena was sent to Wendlyn to assassinate the royal family but ends up training to control her powers and shift so she can enter Fae lands and get answers from her aunt Maeve Queen of the Fae
Character development-Celaena- the biggest change in Celaena is shown in this book where she finally embraces the darkness and comes out accepting her fate and destiny she goes to Wendlyn as Celaena but returns as Aelin, she returns as queen with the intent of fulfilling her promise to restore her court and kingdom and destroy the king of Adarlan
Chaol- honestly his character has become so annoying I found it hard to like him in this book and just the way he sees things, refusing change and accepting Celaena as Aelin and Dorian's magic it was irritating.
Dorian- I love where his storyline was headed in this book, how he was moving on from Celaena but I didn't like his relationship with the healer girl Sorscha it annoyed me.
Aedion- I loved his character it was one of my favorites, his love for his queen and kingdom the sacrifices he made were similar of Celaena and admirable
Manon- this was another character introduced and I liked her character and how from a vicious killer she a ruthless witch that claims to have no heart or soul starts to care about her Wyvern and you get to this another layer being peeled away to reveal her for who she really is.
Rowan- I felt like rowan and Celaena's relationship was the same as her's and Chaol's where they meet they don't like each other, they're testing the waters and then they become friends and Celaena then finds that she needs him for support as such, she needed chaol after Endovier and after her break up with Chaol it seemed she needed Rowan, although I did like them together more than Celaena and Chaol
Writing- there were points in this book that dragged on for so long and it got a bit annoying I sometimes felt the book was longer than it needed to be and the writing style the way the story point of view changes depending on who's in the scene, and what perspective you're looking at. the writing, however, painted such a descriptive picture when it comes writing about the lands and characters themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment