Plot/ Storyline- the book picks up right after Heir of fire and Celaena has finally accepted who she is and what she has to do to rebuild her court and fulfill her vow to Nehemia. she's back in Rifthold but she's back as Celaena and not Aelin, to begin with. Character development and addition- Celaena/Aelin- she is still one of my favorite characters, I find her so empowering and feel that her character is finally accepting their fate she's in no mood for bullsh*t and I feel that her bravery sets an example for her court yet she's still humanised in this book you see her relationship with Aedion and the pain of losing all those years with him. Chaol- Honestly he was starting to annoy me in Heir of Fire but in this book the beginning especially he really p*ssed me off I didn't like his character at all but over the course of the book, I somewhat started to warm up to him. the thing that annoyed me most was him blaming Aelin for what happened to Dorian as a way to not face his own cowardice. Dorian - he was quite broken in this book, and towards the end, he was shattered and having Aelin back to save him and Chaol risking everything for him finally pulled him out of the darkness he was in. Rowan- I truly loved Rowan and his love and support for Aelin are truly wonderful the other thing I loved was his relationship with Aedion, the Bromance was real and I enjoyed every bit of it. Aedion- I have always loved Aedion ever since his character was introduced I love his devotion to his family and court and Aelin most of all despite not knowing her he loves and supports her 100% and never judges her for her past. The best part about Aedion is having him gives Aelin the family she never had and seeing them together is so heart warming how if anything happened to him she'd burn the world for spite. seeing her have that love for her blood is such a touching thing Lysandra- was a wonderful addition seeing Aelin's old enemy become part of her small family was truly amazing and I completely support their Friendship I am all for girl power and they're both so powerful in their own way. Manon- her character development was my favorite she's supposed to be his ice cold killer without a soul but you see her develop into her own person questioning authority and her relationship with Elide was remarkable seeing her care about someone who meant nothing to her, risking her life to save Elide was what set Manon over the edge to the good side. Writing- Sarah J Maas is amazing at how she writes perspectives in her stories, like in each chapter there's not one set perspective from one person you get a bird's eye view of the situation from multiple characters and it's all woven in and it makes for such an interesting read. |
Saturday, 29 April 2017
Queen Of Shadows Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment